Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Job Part I

I began my new job yesterday. First day on the job. Yup. First day. I was expecting the 7th level of cubicle hell. I was afraid I would end up like the character Peter Gibbons from Office Space.

I can just imagine myself attending a session with a Occupational Hypnotherapist:

Peter Gibbons: "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Dr. Swanson: "What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?"

Peter Gibbons: "Yeah."

Dr. Swanson: "Wow, that's messed up."

Now, I don't expect to end up in a therapist's office complaining about my crappy job.

Not at all.

After my first day on the job all of my expectations were blown away. The office environment is -- how should I put this -- chill. My coworkers are extremely nice and my office area is great (I get TWO computer screens).

The day went fast, I got brought up to speed, and enjoyed my time very much. I'm excited to see what tomorrow holds.

0 Comments: